Saturday 20 October 2012

Quilter's Fun Run

Last weekend I went on a Quilter's Fun Run with a couple of friends. There were ten shops on the Fun Run. At your first shop you received your passport. At each store you got your passport stamped, a pattern for a quilt block, an entry for a door prize, and an entry to win your purchase. At the final store you received two extra quilt block patterns plus your packet of fabric for making the 12 blocks. 

For the most part the stores were in surrounding communitys with three stores being in town. We started at the store that was farthest away and worked our way around till we got back to the city.




It was a fun day. We even visited a couple local roadside attractions along the way. The Vegreville giant Pysanka, Ukrainian Easter egg. 


We also saw the giant Ukrainian sausage in the town of Mundare.


We made it to seven quilt shops on Saturday. Bought a lot of quilting fabric and had a great day. Over the last week I made it to the last three stores so now I have all my patterns and fabric.


The fabric is Stonehenge by Northcott.


So now there is quilt contest in April where you can enter your creation. It must include the 12 patterns made with the fabric provided. After that you can add anything you want to it. Should be interesting to see how different everyone's designs turn out.

5 comments:

  1. That is such a fun idea! Love the creativity of some clever people out there. :) Looking forward to seeing how your quilt turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one
    and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam
    comments? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much appreciated.
    My blog post ... www.wrinklesbalm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late response, I guess I've lucked out I haven't had any spam responses :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Liann, I hopped over here because Anja from Cocalores mentioned you in her latest post :-) I admire your patience for quilting, I love quilts but I know I will never ever finish one especially such an intricate one! How long does it take you to make one? I really like the colors that you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the quilt, I just finished a baby quilt and that took about a month. The only full sized quilt I've made I'm still working on and I'm slightly ashamed to say its been about 15 years, still need to finish off the hand quilting :)

      Delete