This weekend we finally stopped procrastinating and got the gutters up on the garage. The gutters itself went
together quite easily, we pieced them together out of 10 foot pieces using the rivet gun and caulking. The hole for the drain was a little tricky the first time round. After doing the first one and attempting to cut around the edge of the hole with the tin snips I figured it would be easier to cut from the centre out to each point of the octagon and fold the metal downwards then trim it off.
I have to say I'm not to keen on heights and trying to wedge the gutter up under the flashing while balanced on a ladder wasn't much fun. Thankfully I got the sturdier of the two ladders and it wasn't too bad lol. The second one went up much faster and easier than the first. Definitely a learning experience, it was a proud accomplishment for us. The gutters held up to the first down pour but we still need to get the drain pipes on. The plan is to get water barrels to go under each drain pipe to collect water for the garden.